Ashton's Tower, Portchester Castle, Portchester, Hampshire
Ashton's Tower was begun by a constable of that name who served there between 1376 and 1381. A building account records that the tower was completed in 1385. The chambers (rooms) within the tower served as an extension to the constable's residence. This view shows the tower from the outer bailey. This site is now in the care of English Heritage (2011). Find out more.