Astley Bridge Mill, Blackburn Road, Bolton, Greater Manchester

Astley Bridge Mill, Blackburn Road, Bolton, Greater Manchester
Photograph taken 29 September 2007 © Ms Pamela Jackson LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 475920

This cotton spinning mill was built in 1927. It was built by the architects Bradshaw, Gass and Hope for Sir John Holden. It was built to use mains electricity as its power source and was the last mill to be built in Bolton.

Location

Greater Manchester Bolton

Period

1920s (1920 - 1929)

Tags

mill industry textile cotton spinning electricity 1920s (1920 - 1929)