Athenaeum, Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

Athenaeum, Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Photograph taken 07 October 2003 © Mr Peter Tree. Source Historic England Archive ref: 466647

This building dates from the 17th century. It was originally a large 3-storey house. It was remodelled in 1789 when it was reduced from three stories to two. Major alterations occurred in 1803-5 by Francis Sandys. The Athenaeum was established in the building in 1853.

Location

Suffolk Bury St Edmunds

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

library education leisure Stuart (1603 - 1713)