Bank House, 4, Bank Place, Falmouth, Cornwall
Bank House was a large town house built in 1788. It was the family home of the Fox family. In 1864 the lease was sold "to Mr John Downing who used the north end as a biscuit factory while his son, a coal merchant, used the basement and the yard for storing coal. In 1868 a fire swept through the building and the roof fell in, but so solidly had the house been built that the walls were intact". Bank House was repaired following the fire to become the Bank House Hotel until taken over by the YMCA in the early 1930s.