Bede House, Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire
This building was originally a medieval 'hospital'. The term hospital probably referred to something that today we would call an almshouse. It was founded by Henry Chichele, Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1423. It was for 12 men and 1 woman attendant. Each had a cubicle and locker within the main hall. The building is also an excellent example of its date. It follows the normal medieval hospital plan of an infirmary hall with a chapel at the east end.