Bembridge Windmill, Bembridge, Isle of Wight
This is the only surviving windmill on the Isle of Wight. It was built in about 1700 but the earliest positive date is 1746. It was in continuous use grinding flour, bran and cattle feed until the 1890s, after which only cattle feed was ground. It stopped working in 1913 and became derelict. It was restored in 1934-5 but again became derelict until 1959 when it was restored by public subscription. It became the property of the National Trust in 1962.