Bishop Rock Lighthouse, St Agnes, Isles of Scilly

The first lighthouse was built on Bishop Rock in 1849. It was a cast-iron tower, but it was destroyed in 1850. It was replaced by a new tower designed by James Walker in c1852-1858. This tower was then encased in stone and heightened in 1883 by James Douglass. It is the tallest and best known tower lighthouse in the British Isles.


Isles of Scilly St Agnes


Victorian (1837 - 1901)


lighthouse tower water sea coast Victorian (1837 - 1901)