Bishop's Manor House, Howden, East Riding of Yorkshire
Howden was a convenient stopping place for the Prince Bishops of Durham when they were travelling to and from London. The site was granted to the bishops in 1086 and held by them until the late 16th century. The great hall and porch were built by Bishop Skirlaw between 1388 and 1405 on the site of an earlier aisled hall. It suffered a fire in 1977 but was restored in the 1980s.