Blackburn Museum, Museum Street, Blackburn, Lancashire
This building was built as a library, museum and art gallery. It was built in 1872-4, by Thomas Edward Collcutt of Woodzell & Collcutt. The building also has several sculptures by C.W. Seale of London. These include relief figures in ancient and medieval costume representing Art, Literature and Science on one side of the building. On another side are four similar but more interestingly detailed sculpted panels representing contemporary Commerce, Textiles, Iron Founding and Agriculture. The building is a fine example of the Free Gothic style of architecture with some Arts and Crafts details.