Bomb Damage, Coventry, West Midlands
An elevated view looking north east from Holy Trinity Church tower showing buildings on Priory Row in the foreground and bomb damage to the Triumph Motor Cycle works beyond. The Holy Trinity Church was in existence by 1113 as a chapel claimed by St Mary's Priory. The city centre was badly bomb damaged in 1941. Donald E E Gibson's, who was appointed Coventry City Architect, reworked plans were published in 1941 and were soon used as propaganda for post-war reconstruction of Britain, they were approved in 1946.