Boothstown Mines Rescue Station, Ellenbrook Road, Swinton, Greater Manchester
This mines rescue station was built in 1932. It was built by Bradshawe, Hope and Gass of Bolton for the Lancashire and Cheshire Coal Owners. It has purpose built underground training galleries. The interior retains much of its original form and fittings, including those within the training galleries. It is a remarkably complete and rare example of a 'state of the art' mines rescue station, with vehicle garaging, gas and equipment testing facilities, laboratory, oxygen and equipment storage areas and training galleries with observation halls.