Bridgwater Hospital, Bridgwater, Somerset
This building was built as a house in 1813. In 1813 a public meeting decided that a medical institution should be established "for the relief of the labouring poor requiring medical and surgical assistance". In 1820 it was agreed to purchase "a spacious house and garden" in Salmon Lane for £700 (this building). The infirmary was then supported by voluntary contributions. Alterations and additions were made in 1862. The adjoining house to the left was later purchased for £205. Additions were again made in 1876 and 1895.