Bust of Sir Jesse Boot, University Boulevard, Nottingham
This statue of Sir Jesse Boot, founder of Boots the Chemist, was made in 1934. It is in the public garden built on land donated by Sir Jesse Boot in 1920. It was to provide open space and a memorial site. Work first started on the gardens in 1923 and it was opened to the public on the 11th November 1927. It was originally laid out as a memorial garden to commemorate those who were killed during the First World War.