C of E Primary School, Symondsbury, Dorset

C of E Primary School, Symondsbury, Dorset
Photograph taken 07 January 2003 © Mr Paul Atterbury. Source Historic England Archive ref: 401927

Symondsbury Church of England Primary School and attached schoolmaster's house was founded as a Charity School. 2 Tablets record: "Raymond's Charity" and "Erected 1868". Before the 1870 Education Act most schools were provided either by religious bodies, wealthy landowners or charities.

Location

Dorset Symondsbury

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

school education village Victorian (1837 - 1901)