Calver Mill, Calver, Derbyshire

Calver Mill, Calver, Derbyshire
Photograph taken 1956 © Historic England Archive ref: AA98/04447

Calver mill, a water-powered cotton mill, was built by John Gardom and John Pares, licensing machinery from Richard Arkwright, in 1803-4. It was later run by H G Sissons Ltd manufacturers of stainless steel sinks. It has recently been redeveloped into apartments (2011). Find out more about windmills and watermills in our Teachers' Kit - Mills.

Location

Derbyshire Calver

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

mill textile cotton water arkwright georgian (1714 - 1836)