Cammell Laird and Company, Grimesthorpe, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Workers watching the 4000 ton press slabbing an armour plate ingot at Cammell Laird's Cyclop's Ordnance Steel Tyre and Spring Works in Grimesthorpe. The factory also produced shells during the war. Charles Cammell and Company's Grimesthorpe Works were built in 1865. The firm merged with Laird, Son & Company in 1903 to form Cammell Laird and Company who commissioned this photograph.