Canute Chambers, Southampton, Southampton

Canute Chambers, Southampton, Southampton
Photograph taken 19 July 2000 © Mr Stuart Goodall. Source Historic England Archive ref: 475762

These were the offices of a shipping company. They were built in 1893 for the American Line. They are in a Queen Anne/Dutch Revival style of architecture. By 1907 they were used by the Great White Star Line. In 1931 they were taken over by the United States Line, which occupied the offices until 1969.

Location

Southampton Southampton

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

office ship water transport architecture Victorian (1837 - 1901)