Carriage Shed at Locomotive Works, Baron Street, Bury, Greater Manchester

Carriage Shed at Locomotive Works, Baron Street, Bury, Greater Manchester
Photograph taken 21 May 2000 © Ms Pamela Jackson LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 433306

This carriage shed at Buckley Wells Locomotive Works was built in 1856. It was built by J S Perring, for the East Lancashire Railway Company. It is one of the oldest surviving railway workshops and probably the only example still in use until recently. It was used by Metrolink for servicing the new Manchester trams.

Location

Greater Manchester Bury

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

railway train carriage Victorian (1837 - 1901)