Cary Parade, Torquay, Torbay

Cary Parade, Torquay, Torbay
© Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: op07248

A line of horse drawn carriages stands outside a park in Torquay waiting for passengers. The Parish Church of St John the Evangelist in Montpellier Road can be clearly seen. The church was designed by GE Street. The striking west tower was completed in 1884-85 by AE Street to his father's designs.

Location

Torbay Torquay

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

seaside tourist people transport carriage horse victorian (1837 - 1901)