Castle Acre Priory, Castle Acre, Norfolk
Castle Acre Priory was a Cluniac monastery founded in 1090. The surviving remains include the early 12th-century church, the prior's house and a porch which originally formed the main entrance to the cloister. The priory was dissolved by King Henry VIII in 1537 and granted to Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk. By 1558 the buildings were being demolished. The prior's lodgings were retained for use as a house. This site is now in the care of English Heritage (2010).