Castle Chambers, Torquay, Torbay

Castle Chambers, Torquay, Torbay
Photograph taken 08 March 2004 © Mr Ben White. Source Historic England Archive ref: 390866

This building was built in 1850 as a hospital. It was funded by donations from local benefactors. It was brought "up to date" 1892-93 and later became council offices.

Location

Torbay Torquay

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

hospital social welfare office philanthropy Victorian (1837 - 1901)