Central Library, Clarence Road, Hartlepool
The Public Library dates from 1894. It was designed by J.W. Brown, Borough Engineer, in a Renaissance style. It was built from red brick with an ornamental terracotta trim and plain clay tiled roofs. Each roof has 2 ventilation lanterns on their ridge. An extension was added in 1914 designed by N.F. Dennis, Borough Engineer.