Cheshire Cat Public House, Nantwich, Cheshire

Cheshire Cat Public House, Nantwich, Cheshire
Photograph taken 15 February 2001 © Mr Stephen Deakin. Source Historic England Archive LRPS.NMR ref: 431685

This house was built in the late 17th century. In 1676 it was converted by Roger Wilbraham into 3 cottages. These were to be almshouses for 6 aged and poor widows. During this time it was known as Wilbraham's Almshouses.

Location

Cheshire Nantwich

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

inn almshouse social welfare timber framed architecture Stuart (1603 - 1713)