Cheylesmore Manor, Coventry, West Midlands
The 16th century manor gatehouse incorporates parts of 2 wings of the 14th century manor house and the 15th century first floor of north wing. It is a much restored timber frame and plaster building. The Manor House was given to the Black Prince (Prince Edward, son of Edward III) in 1337. He visited it for long periods, as did Queen Isabel.