Church of St Andrew, Cambridge

Church of St Andrew, Cambridge
Photograph taken 23 October 2007 © Historic England Archive/Mr Peter D. Dewar ref: 47412

A large church built from rubble and flint. The west tower and spire date from the 14th century and there is a 15th century Doom wall painting over the chancel arch. A plaque commemorates the daughter of Olaudah Equiano a former slave and anti-slavery campaigner.

Location

Cambridgeshire Cambridge

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

church religion faith building wall painting slavery slave trade