Church of St Mary, The Street, Brook, Kent
A good and little altered example of a Norman parish church. It was built in 1096-1107 of flint, in parts laid in a herringbone pattern, with stone decoration. The tower has 3 floors and is unusually large. There is an upper chapel on the first floor. There are Medieval tiles in the sanctuary and wall paintings. including scenes of Christ's Nativity, on the walls of the sanctuary and nave.