Cinematograph Theatre, 269 Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, Hornsey, Greater London
Exterior view of the Cinematograph Theatre at 269 Seven Sisters Road, showing posters advertising the latest films and a newspaper vendor standing outside a tobacconist shop next door. The cinema was opened in 1909 by cinema entrepreneur Montagu Pyke. The building is one of eight cinemas photographed for United Electric Theatres Ltd., although the Kelly directory of 1915 lists Amalgamated Cinematograph Theatres Ltd. at this address. The vendor in the image is carrying a poster announcing the shelling of the Dardanelles forts.