City Hall , Kingston Upon Hull
The City hall was built in Queen Victoria Square in 1903-09. It was designed by J O Hurst in a Baroque style with a striking copper covered dome. He was the first City Architect and this was one of his major works. The building was restored around 1950 following war damage and altered in 1986 and 1989. There is a concert hall on the first floor and shops on the ground floor. The block at the rear was built in 1910 as an art gallery.