Cobham Mill, Cobham, Surrey
The earliest known written reference to a mill at the site of the present Cobham Mill is dated to 1534. Then it was owned, together with the Manor of Cobham, by the Abbey of Chertsey. The Benedictine monastery was founded in 964 and Dissolved in 1537. The buildings were demolished for building materials. The mill which remains today was completed in c1822. It was for the production of animal feed. The mill was restored in the 1990's. It is now a tourist attraction that demonstrates corn milling.