Commerce Works, Stoke on Trent

Commerce Works, Stoke on Trent
Photograph taken 20 August 2003 © Mr Donald Pittman. Source Historic England Archive ref: 384382

These 2 bottle kilns were part of the Commerce Works pottery. They were built in the late 19th century. The Commerce Works pottery was run by the Chetham family from 1796 - 1869. It was then taken over by H.J Aynsley in 1873.