County Hall Main Entrance Block, St Helen's Street, Ipswich, Suffolk
An early 19th century grey clay brick building formerly the courthouse, now the Shire Hall. It was designed by W. McIntosh Brooks in 1836, in a Tudor style. The strong design reflects the serious purpose of the building. The 18th century gaol originally stood at the rear. It has now been demolished.