Court House Museum, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
This building within the castle bailey dates back to the 14th century. It is thought to have been the "House of Records" mentioned in a survey of 1561. It appears to have been largely rebuilt c1590-1610. An upper storey served as the courthouse for the Honour of Knaresborough. The roof was raised between 1786-1830 and a prison block was also added. It became a museum in c1970.