Coventry Cathedral, Coventry, West Midlands
The medieval church of St Michael in the centre of Coventry was destroyed by bombing in World War Two. A new cathedral was built in 1951-62 close to the site. The ruins of the old church were preserved and can be seen in this image. The Queen is meeting a line of people at the consecration service for the new cathedral of St Michael. The photograph comes from the John Laing Company Archive.