Custom House, The Quay, Poole
Poole Custom house was built in 1781 in Mid Georgian style. It was destroyed by fire in 1813 and replaced exactly as originally built. The original building was itself a rebuilding of the late 18th century Red Lion Coffee House. The striking entrance steps were copied from the Guildhall. The Custom House is part of a group of buildings that are all typical of an old quayside setting including the Town Cellar and Harbour Office.