Derwent Hall, Derwent, Derbyshire

Exterior view of the entrance front of Derwent Hall. The original hall was built in 1672. This image was taken for the Duke of Norfolk in 1884. Derwent Hall was on the site of what later became the Ladybower Reservoir. The reservoir was built between 1935 - 1943 and was opened on 24 September 1945 by King George VI. It resulted in the 'drowning' of Derwent Hall and surrounding buildings.


Derbyshire Derwent


Victorian (1837 - 1901)



country house reservoir