Dirtness Pumping Station, Belton, North Lincolnshire

Dirtness Pumping Station, Belton, North Lincolnshire
Photograph taken 14 August 1999 © Mrs Janet Roworth LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 165058

This drainage pumping station was built in 1867. It originally contained a James Watt low pressure condensing beam engine from the Soho, Birmingham, works. It was refitted in 1928, and again in 1952, when electrically driven pumps were added.

Location

North Lincolnshire Belton

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

drainage pump pumping station waterworks health sanitation victorian (1837 - 1901)