Dock and Lock walls at Bullo Pill, Newnham, Gloucestershire
Bullo Pill was a tidal creek used until 1800 for boatbuilding. The Forest of Dean Tramroad Co. then developed it to allow coal from the nearby Forest of Dean coalfield to be shipped out. There are the remains of the tidal lock and the water storage basins at the creek head. However little remains of the coal chutes which were the reason for its existence. It is an historically important remnant of the former trade routes in and across the river Severn.