Dock Clock Tower, Dock Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland

Dock Clock Tower, Dock Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland
Photograph taken August 1990 © Crown copyright.NMR ref: BB97/02040

The water and clock tower by the docks was built in around 1870. It supplied water for accumulators and reservoirs for maintaining water pressure to dockside cranes and dock gates. It also became useful as a navigation mark on the River Tees.

Location

Middlesbrough Middlesbrough

Period

1980s (1980 - 1989)

Tags

victorian building clock tower navigation dock water 1980s (1980 - 1989)