Drinking Fountain, Clarence Road, Hartlepool

Drinking Fountain, Clarence Road, Hartlepool
Photograph taken 25 May 2007 © Mr Bob Cottrell ARPS AFIAP DPAGB. Source Historic England Archive ref: 432354

This ornamental drinking fountain dates from 1902. A plaque on the north face of the lantern is inscribed "Presented by Henry Withy, J.P., May 24th 1902". The fountain originally stood in Burn Valley Gardens. It was moved here in 1979.

Location

Hartlepool Hartlepool

Period

Edwardian (1902 - 1913)

Tags

water fountain memorial sanitation health edwardian (1902 - 1913)