Dunalley Street Primary School, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
This building was opened as the British School in February 1859. The British and Foreign School Society supported the building of schools called British Schools on behalf of the Nonconformist churches. This school is also remarkable architecturally in a national context. This is for the rare use of glued laminated wood in the 1850s. This was a time of significant experimentation in building techniques, and especially their application to wide-span roofs.