East Ham Underground Station, East Ham, Greater London
This building was originally a railway station built in 1858 for the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway. The station was opened on the 31st March 1858. The platforms and the canopies over them date from 1858 and are the remaining part of the original station. The station was given a new main building and entrance on the bridge in 1902. This was when it became a part of the London underground system and was taken over by the District line. There was probably a level crossing before.