Electricity Generating Station, 46 Kensington Court, Kensington, Greater London
Former electricity generating station built in 1888. A stone plaque over main entrance is inscribed 'Electric Lighting Station'. The original generating equipment was designed and installed by Colonel Compton, a pioneer in the field. The building was used for this purpose from 1888-1900. Listed for its historical importance as one of the earliest surviving electricity generating stations.