Eleven lamp posts, Camden Town, Greater London

Eleven lamp posts, Camden Town, Greater London
Photograph taken 26 January 2005 © Historic England Archive. Source Mr Brian Jackson ref: 478399

These 11 lamp posts in the centre of the road between Goodge Street and Warren Street were first lit in January 1892. They were made by by Johnson and Phillips of London. They were the first public electric street lighting in London, and were commissioned by the St Pancras Vestry (St Pancras Parish Council).