Employees at the Gwenda Works, Legge Lane, Birmingham

Employees at the Gwenda Works, Legge Lane, Birmingham
Photograph taken 1931 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: bb99/10209

The Gwenda Works was built in 1913 for Sir Henry Manton, silversmith and cut glass manufacturer. Here the largely female workforce poses in the yard for a photograph. (Copied from an original photograph in the posession of Pressed Metal Products Ltd)

Location

West Midlands Birmingham

Period

1930s (1930 - 1938)

Tags

woman girl work jewellery metal industry clothing 1930s (1930 - 1938)