Former Coalport Chinaworks, Coalport, Telford and Wrekin

Former Coalport Chinaworks, Coalport, Telford and Wrekin
Photograph taken 13 August 2002 © Mr J K Aldred. Source Historic England Archive ref: 362007

John Rose started his chinaworks at Jackfield in about 1790. He moved to Coalport and built these Works in about 1792. Three of the original brick kilns survive. These are characteristically bottle-shaped. The works made fine china, including willow pattern. They continued making china until 1926, when production was transferred to Stoke-on-Trent.

Location

Telford and Wrekin Coalport

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

china clay pottery industry Georgian (1714 - 1836)