Former Grammar School, Chapel Lane, Wymondham, Leicestershire

Former Grammar School, Chapel Lane, Wymondham, Leicestershire
Photograph taken 11 April 2005 © Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive ref: 189909

This school was built in 1637. It was founded by the Sir John Sedley Educational Foundation. In 1637 he left £400 for the purchase of farmland to fund the school. This foundation still exists today and also paid for another school and a community centre.

Location

Leicestershire Wymondham

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

school education charity philanthropy Stuart (1603 - 1713)