Former Haig Colliery, Solway Road, Whitehaven, Cumberland
The engine houses, power station and pithead gear at the former Haig colliery date back to 1917. Haig Colliery was the last deep coal mine to have been worked in the Cumbrian coalfield. Haig Pit was sunk by the Whitehaven Colliery Company between 1914 and 1918. In 1986 Haig Colliery was closed and the shafts were capped. The baths, lamp room, washery and other buildings were demolished.