Former Hosiery Workshop, London Road, Kegworth, Leicestershire
This workshop was built for framework knitting. It was built in the early to mid 1800s. It is the best surviving example in Leicestershire of the intermediate stage of the hosiery industry. It shows the change from framework knitters working in their own homes to large scale factories with framework knitting machines. This medium sized workshop represents the stage in between. It was owned by Nahum Gretton in 1860, and by the Branson family from 1880. The hosiery (socks and stockings) was reputed to be of high quality, royal orders including socks for George V in 1911. It continued to produce hosiery until 1942.