Former Palace of Varieties, Corporation Road, Middlesbrough
The Palace of Varieties was built as a Music Hall in 1896/99. It was designed by Ernest Runtz of London in a Spanish Baroque style. The stage provided the setting for a number of top performers covering a span of sixty years, including Charlie Chaplin and Morecambe & Wise. As well as a Music Hall it has been used as a Bingo Hall and a Nightclub.