Former Paper Mill, Lintzford, Durham
This mill was probably built around 1840 for James Annandale. The site had been occupied by a corn mill since the 17th century and by a paper mill since 1703. It is the only surviving paper mill building on the Derwent, a river once well known for paper manufacture. This mill made, among other things, particularly strong cartridge paper, used for wrapping ammunition. The mill has since been used as premises for a printing ink manufacturer.